Cuiaba Brazil Weather

Friday, July 4, 2014

Ponta Para Brazil Week #80

Whooooa    week 80   I'm getting old on the mission, doesn't feel like it though, plenty of time left still.  5 months from tomorrow I will be getting on a plane home,  Seems like so little time but at the same time 5 months is a long time, I guess it will go by quick enough though I'm not sure it will be faster for you guys or for me, I was looking back at the pictures I have been taking over the mission, I was amazed by how fast time has gone by look at the date on the pictures surprised me because many were from almost a year ago but I feel like they were taken yesterday. Funny thing how times passes, for some it passes by slowly but for others it passes by quickly, but whether its fast or slow time passes.  At least for me its going by quick, for me its more the days seems to go by slowly, but the weeks and months go by quickly.  I was talking to Tj Olsen last week and he will be going home at the end of September, and Jetsons sister Ariell will be getting home in about 2 weeks.  This is just a weird part of my life thinking about how this wonderful phase of my life is almost over. Sometimes I think about it when we are walking to appointments or going home for the night, it chokes me up and brings tears to my eyes, because I know I will never be able to be a single missionary again. Of course I'm excited to see my family and friends and home when I get back but I will be leaving so much behind, I will be leaving a part of me here in Brazil. But lets not talk to much about time and home, there's still so much to do!  anyways so this week was a good week, we had interviews last Monday night, it was good and we had a good discussion about or zone and about me. He asked me if I had any questions or anything that I wanted to say at the end I told him that I wanted to finish my mission training, he said that he thinks that would be a great idea. So hopefully I get to train, I'm not sure what will happen after this transfer though I wouldn't mind being released as a zone leader but that might not happen we will see though, its kind of annoying taking care of an entire zone its a great learning experience but right now we are dealing with 2 companionship's that are just not working very much, their numbers are terrible and they aren't a very good influence on their wards, their wards attendance have dropped a little  bit, we have been doing divisions and trying to help them but they are kind of set in their ways. But tomorrow will be cool because the assistants will be coming here and will be doing divisions with the missionaries here. Usually when we do divisions its the zone leaders with the assistants but this time they wanted to do something a little different, they will come and each one of us will go into a trio with other elders in the zone so we will be in division with pretty much the entire zone, so hopefully we will be able to help animate our zone with these division tomorrow. So this week we worked alot we found new people to teach and we have a baptismal date marked for this week, its the sister of our last baptism mateus. Her name is Jennifer we already talked about her before, she has been going every week for the last 3 months so we got her moms permission and we marked a date for her this week, she seems pretty excited but I know that she has some friends and neighbors that have talked bad about the church and baptism but pray for her so that all can go well for her baptism and also that the weather will be good. Yesterday and Saturday were terribly cold I had to wear a sweater and a jacket and still I was cold, I feel like Christmas is coming and I want to listen to Christmas music but that's still a way off though. I want on some divisions I was with ELder Goodrich from North Caroline, he just got here to Brasil a few months ago but he is already speaking the language very well and he interacts and talks to the members and investigators this was something that I really liked seeing in a young missionary. Me and ELder Yezzi worked hard with less actives and recent converts and through them we found some new people to teach, nobody super special but we got a couple of good references. I had another division with a greenie from Uruguay. I practice some Spanish with him, its cool getting to know people from other countries, people really are different depending on the state or country its cool seeing how unique people are. I know that there is a missionary from the Dominican Republic in this mission, I have never met him though. There's quite a bit of diversity in the mission, I love the friendships that we make on the mission. We have been working alot more with the members recently and it has been great getting to know them, some of the greatest people that I have ever met live here in Ponta Porã, its going to break my heart when I leave here because this has definitely been my favorite area. I have nothing to complain about here. I have less then a month left here and then I will leave, I will definitely try and make the most of the last bit of time here. So we are still continuing to try and find more people to teach, we have been teaching a man named Mario who was a reference from a member he seems like a good guy and has a real desire to know if these things are true and to know if this is really the Church of Jesus Christ, pray for him so that he can receive this answer and so that we can baptize him. And keep praying for our zone we are still stuck in a hole, I just hope that there can be some miracles happening, these last 3 transfers the zone was doing great and was one of the highest baptizing zones in the mission, but with the switch up of some elders and some older elders in the zone some of the companionships have gotten a little relaxed with their work. But everything has a purpose and we all need to learn humility and learn that we are nothing compared to the glory and power of God. Oh btw yesterday we ate lamb for our lunch after church, it was great and I told them I would put it in my letter home, alsoI made a "taco" last night I found some tortillas at a bakery and I cooked a chicken patty and cut it up and then but some hot sauce and some leafy greens on it. I turned out alright, I have been really craving tacos lately. but thanks for the pictures and the updates, sounds like you guys had a great time at the family reunion, I was saddened to here about Uncle Johns passing, I didn't realize that he was 87 he didn't look that old at all. But he was a righteous man and is happy for sure. Well I love you all and I miss you all, I am having alot of dreams about home almost every night now, but its not too tormenting but its not really welcome either. But times goes on and December approaches, I would ask for an extension if I could though, but they don't give them to Americans in Brazil, :(   it is what it is though, my companion is great. We moved some stuff this week from our old house, it still had the fridge and stove and bunk beds and stuff so we got the rest of it moved to our current residence. but there sure isn't enough room for all of it. Oh well though. Here is a picture of me and some members. Have a great week love you guys so much!
-Elder Kennington

No comments:

Post a Comment